Thursday, May 13, 2010

Me last July 4th.


On a whim, cousin Tim invited me to go on his boat down to the Waterfront Park for the 4th of July Blues Festival and fireworks. Of course the river was going to be a c.f. but what the heck.

Anyhow, he's superb boatsman, and a superb loader/unloader of the boat, so it made things much more manageable. The music was great, the fellow boaters were great and shared some of their food. Lots of nice folk on the river. "People on the river are happy to give". True True.

This year I dunno about the 4th but on the 2nd a group of us are going up Mt. St. Helens again.

20 years ago to the day when I did it last.


Anyhow, Tim snapped me with his cell phone camera (I use them a lot, don't I?) and this picture is a document of that night.


Getting back to the boat ramp at Willamette Park was very tense - the river patrol were all acting psychotic and the parade of bozos didn't help. But we took our time and got outta there in one piece. Well, I did break his sunglasses accidentally, but made it right recently by buying him a leatherman AND a swiss army knife.


Rock on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home