Sunday, May 30, 2010

Congrats to Danica Patrick on a 5th.at Indy 500


I think she started 24th, and I skipped watching the race as I was busy, but she was in 14th and made her way to 5th from lap 169 to the end, lap 200. And she narrowly missed the accident with Mike Conway.  He has a non-time-critical leg injury, according to the track Dr. He'll be o.k. 

Anyhow after Danica's comments earlier in the week there were a bunch of people criticizing her. However the aspersions cast on her racing record by a bunch of haters was really put to rest as she finished strong. Her after-race comments on ABC showed class and humility and also gave us a view from her side of things.  I have always been a fan of hers, and I can't really tell you why. But she's doin' great and I wish her luck. She is a perfectly competent and competitive driver in the Indy series. Period.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home