Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Four new Van pop-up windows.




On the 1969 Dodge A108 project - well the windows are offically now all in. The pop-up windows, four of them are installed on both side doors on the right and the rear.



All new four custom cut smoked glass for both rear and both side doors for the '69 vans. The hinges were soda blasted and while not perfect theyshined up real good and all the grungy rust is gone. Some of the hinges springs popped outta their perches but once reinstalled the latches lie down nicelywhile closed. I really could use two on the other side of the van, and have seen it before, but the latch mounts on the bottom and the hinge mounts on thetop are absent.
On the hinges on the near / rear side van door, there were two holes in the top of the door frame for each hinge. This bummed me out to find out, until I discovered that the outer hinge holes were on the correct pitch as required for my hinges and the holes in the window.
So that all ended well - a rarity!Installing these alone was like wrestling an alligator. I don't think anyone wanted to be around me, tho.. hah hah!

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil Crews said...

The windows look great. I've got a '66 A100 that I'm working on and I've been trying to figure out what to do with the windows. Were the original windows in your van frameless?

7:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Attractive windows in van. It can really impressed any one. For any services related to van you can consult Van Windows Lincoln.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Thanks!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Phil - they were frameless. Yep.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home