Monday, September 06, 2010

Historic Williamsburg.











This was on August 14th 2010. We stayed at a hotel right across from the Historic Williamsburg entrance. So rather than go to the water park (another crowded stressful place I should better avoid), I needed a walk, and decided to go against the flow at 6 p.m. and visit historic Williamsburg in the late afternoon. It was good to lower the blood sugar, being diabetic, which was terribly high, but I almost passed out with a low during this walk.




Nothing a good homemade Oatmeal raisin cookie and a nice triple-shot cappucino couldn't help that I got at a local coffee shop. Here you see the Governor's mansion, a MONDO birdhouse, a small play that was being rehearsed in time for the evening's festivities, the old Bruton Parish church (and cemetery), to give you a flavor of the place. A nice place to live, and I wouldn't mind one bit no sirree. I really love Virginia, but not the traffic. I will return soon!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home